Thursday 9 August 2012

Filofax Competition

So.......

I've entered another competition!

This one is for Filofax, the well-known organiser brand...! The brief was to create a new, fresh design for women, to be part of their launch in Spring, so it must be within keeping of the season.

So I got my inks out as usual....and here's the results:


I decided to use this scribbly technique with the inks to look kind of like scribbly writing.


Stripes, a classic! But I don't think the colour is feminine enough.


Stripes the other way up, with hopefully more feminine colours. Think I prefer them that way round. 

Colour in an asymmetrical shape, similar to my Absolut designs.


This is one of my favourites, but I'm not sure how commercial it is. Also the colours get a little grubby where they merge.


Very bright and spring-like, but perhaps again not feminine enough.


I like this one because it reminds me of Himalayan Balsam, that plant that explodes in your hand. Perhaps too dark though.


I like this one, it is both Spring-like AND feminine!


My Dad doesn't like this one, but I do! I like the blue/orange combination. But not very Spring-y.


Again with the scribbles.


This one seems to be the most popular! I like the bright green on top of the stripes. I'm not sure which ones I'll submit yet...hard to decide! But it will definitely be this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment