Friday 17 August 2012

Recent designers/trends that inspire me...

So.......

I generally try and keep an idea out for new designers, trends, ideas that inspire me, so thought I'd do a quick blog about some that have caught my eye recently.

This is a scarf design by the very talented graphic designer, artist, and illustrator Joan Tarrago. her website: www.joantarrago.com


I love the colours! Here's the layout of the design:

Beautiful! 

I have always admired the work of this designer, Christian Zuzunaga, (as well as his extraordinary name!) 



He takes images of cityscapes then blows then up much that they become pixels, pure squares of colour. This makes the foundation of his designs. I love this idea, that what you're looking at is actually part of a much larger image, larger than the sofa or bed, even the room they are in. 

Pippa Jameson has a great blog for interior ideas and trends. Here's her mood board on grey and mustard, a colour combination that I am also a big fan of!


Her blog can be found at: http://www.pippajamesoninteriors.co.uk/

I love Designers Guild because they are always pushing boundaries of what is 'commercial', or 'popular'. They use colour and pattern boldly and aren't afraid of being innovative. Here is their collection designed by Christian Lacroix, just beautiful!



If I had the money....!

It's hard not to be inspired by that lot I think! On to the next idea. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment