Monday 9 July 2012

So.......

I wanted to create a collection that was not so bright to balance out my other ones. I was aiming to create a kind of beachy, rainy, devon-y feel!

I used the same dyes as normal but on cotton canvas which takes the colour very differently to the twill I used in my 'Garden' collection.

Here are the results:










Quite pleased I managed to take these before the rain came in...again! I used a mossy bench in my garden as backdrop to connect them to their inspiration.

I think my photography skills need a little work though!

I am pleased with the way you can see the original fabric colour through the gaps in the stripes. My sister commented that the OCD-ness in her wanted to colour them in!

I'm trying to find a way to create screen prints based on a book my mum gave me...so hopefully that will be coming up soon in a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment