Friday 6 July 2012

Cushions! Cushions! Cushions!

So......

It has been raining A LOT. Especially on Devon. So to combat this I have been distracting myself from the fact we are not having a summer by making cushions. All are available for sale at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/PollyTaylorDesigns

Please have a look and see what you think!

Inspired by my recent trip to London for the show I have created an abstract collection based on architectural London landmarks (my favourite ones anyway!).

Here are the results:






So they are in the following order.... the Tower Bridge, City Hall (perhaps not so well known, but nevertheless a beautiful one, and in my opinion, worth celebrating!), St Pauls, The Gerkin (or 30 St mary Axe), and then an abstract representation of my memory of the London skyline over Waterloo Bridge.

I am pleased with the result, I like the way they are not perfect, a little clumsy perhaps, it adds to their charm.

I chose to photograph them against the steps in my garden. I think this works well as it contrast with the fabric, and reminds the viewer that the subject matter of the cushions is hard and architectural like the steps themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment