Tuesday 19 June 2012

Absolut Competition 2012

So.......

As part of the New Designers partnership team, Absolut Vodka launch a competition each year for the students attending. The idea is 'Aboslut Blank', to have a blank template which is the shape of the Absolut bottle, and artists and designers put their mark on it and make it their own.

I decided to enter this competition as I have admired the work of the Absolut Blank artist before and I think my designs apply well to the philosophy behind Absolut.

So I spent a very happy afternoon making a big mess on the floor of my house (much to my housemates horror!)

Here are some of my more successful ideas:



A little drop of poison...





Playing with colour...




I am really happy with the results. I tried to play around with different compositions, using lots of ink on the page, then not much. All designs were created with acrylic based inks. I like the way they express the energy and dynamism that went into their creation.

The competition entries are being reviewed as I write this so fingers crossed for the shortlist!

Unfortunately the prize is not to have your design put into production on a bottle....which would be my dream come true! Instead its £500 of vouchers and the press coverage and prestige that comes with such a competition. Of course this is still an amazing prize!

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment