Monday 8 April 2013

Sunny(ish) day out

So.....

The sun was very nearly out today woohoo! Went for a little jolly up in London town as I felt like I was a bit out of the loop with what was current. Turned out to be a very inspiring trip!

First stop was Liberty off Oxford Street. They had a great range of new chinaware, here are a few of my favourite pieces:


This collection is designed by the late Piero Fornasetti, an italian designer who achieved the extraordinary feat of engaging a surrealist approach and applying it to design, resulting in some very unique pieces. 


And here's some of Liberty's own pieces, think this range would look great if the colours were mixed together to create a really vibrant table setting. 


Absolutely love this digitally printed cushion awash with colour in an abstract landscape. This is the 'Carly' cushion by Boeme Design, a company based in Guilford. 

I then took at visit to the Conran Shop, a place I had heard many things about but never had the opportunity before to visit. I found it interesting, if a little cold and alienating. A great lesson on visual merchandising was to be found at every turn though! Here are some woven cushions that took my eye, based on the works of different cubists. 


A VM's dream...beautifully displayed scarves on an "Yves Klein' blue background. 


A touch of Ikat, of course....


....And these innovative lights inspired by, you guessed it, sea buoys. I really love these, but you'll have to save up for a while to get them, at £500 a pop. 


I juts thought these little tea light holders were very cute and would look great outside in the summer. 


Quick snap shot of the Conran window display, with a Moroccan theme in monochrome. I like the use of geometric shapes (I'm guessing based on an Islamic design) coupled with subtle pastel colours and black and white. Very chic!


I must visit these shops more often!




No comments:

Post a Comment