Tuesday 14 May 2013

New Obsession!

While I'm waiting for my fabric to arrive on the current collection that I'm working on, I've developed a new obsession. Road signs! I've been wandering around London looking like a weirdo taking pictures of signs! Yes, I know, doesn't sound very exciting. But it's only a specific type I'm interested in...


Basically my idea is to strip it back, get rid of all the distracting text so that what you're left with is actually a very interesting and unusual shape, free from all indication of what is or where to go. 





This is one of my favourites because it is so random and sporadic!


It makes you look at the shapes and lines created completely differently, and I love that. Finding beauty in what may be considered a boring, dull, everyday thing. 

And if you turn them upside down, the feeling of what they are completely changes:





In the simple act of turning them around, they become so visually different. 

Next step....getting some colour in there!

No comments:

Post a Comment