Monday 11 March 2013

Affordable Art Fair

I recently visited the Affordable Art Fair in Battersea Park wanted to share with you my favourites from the show. I think it's a great idea to have this kind of event - art for everyone. The only problem is the organisers definition of 'affordable' is between £40-£4,000.

This got me thinking about how much I would spend on art. Of course it depends what my income was at the time, but I came to the conclusion that if I really, really loved something, I would be prepared to pay whatever I could spare for it.

So here's a small sample of what's on offer at the show, make sure you don't miss it next year! Even if you're not buying it's a great place to absorb and collect inspiration.

Russell Frampton:
Tommy Fitchet:
Love the colours in this piece!

Wendy Mcbride:
Stephen Robson:
Richard Peacock:
Couldn't find the piece of his I liked best online but this shows the artists amazing screen-printing ability 

Emma Moxey:
Dragica Carlin:
Love this piece, though i find it hard to say why! I think it's the layering effect, that the grey coming in from the left seems so totally part of something else, some other picture that has invaded.

Mark Vessey:
Dan Hiller:
Ewan Eason:
Indulging me in my love of maps!

Charles Emerson:
Jessica Nina Mello:
Love this idea, so simple yet somehow wonderful.

Luke Turner:
Looking forward to visiting next year! This show has made me realise how art is not so scary after all!














No comments:

Post a Comment