Monday 22 October 2012

Staring at Blanks

So.......

Recently I've had the opportunity to work with the lovely people at Staring at Blanks, which is a very interesting company that facilitates creative people by organising events where, with the use of everyday materials, spaces across London are re-designed and re-invigorated.

The project was to create a design using pieces of coloured vinyl. I got sent pink, turquoise-y green and metallic blue. I knew I wanted to create something on a mirror so the reflected surface would act like the background, and therefore another layer, to the design.

Using some designs from screen prints from my university projects, I created a sprawling jungle of pattern across my mirror.

Here's my scribbled plan for the design:


And here's the results:







I hope to do another design soon as I still have sone vinyl left.

No comments:

Post a Comment