Monday 20 May 2013

Muriel Grateau

So.....

I recently discovered the work of a certain French designer named Muriel Grateau. I read an article about her in a magazine and have been hypnotised by her work. Her shops contain rows upon rows of beautiful delicate ceramics and tableware, in every conceivable shade of every conceivable colour. Subtly is her key.


See what I mean? That's my kind of paradise, a world where everything is in colour order! Here's what happens when her collections are thrown together:



I love the loose splashes of ink that seem so free from control and how they contrast with the vastly controlled hues of colour. It is, of course, all extremely (I am mean seriously extremely) expensive, so i can only dream of owning a Muriel Grateau dinner set. Probably for the best - I am well known for my clumsiness! 

Here is the lady herself:

Very French, very stylish, very intimidating. Although I do admire her greatly, and secretly dream that it will be me one day, bespectacled and aloof, controlling my own world of design. 


No comments:

Post a Comment